MEET THE COMMITTEE
The Committee is selected from nominations and elections held at the Annual General Meeting.
The Committee is responsible for adopting new policy, codes of conduct and rules that affect the organisation of the club and to ensure that as club members:
- You are offered coaching and competitive opportunities in Triathlon
- Our Club is effectively promoted within the local community and Triathlon
- The Club exercises a duty of care to all its members
- The Club provides all its services in a way that is fair to everyone
- All present and future members receive fair and equal treatment
CURRENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS 2018/2019
The Committee tries to ensure that all the three specific disciplines of our sport are given a focus. Most of the committee are experienced triathletes / runners / swimmers / cyclists with varying levels of achievement in the sport. The nominated committee members have the right to vote when a committee vote is formally required.
The Committee have no less than four meetings per year. All members of the club are entitled to attend Committee meetings.
The Committee have:
- Powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Committee as necessary to fulfil its business.
- Responsibility for dealing with any issues relating to infringements of rules / regulations / constitution.
- The right to call Extra-Ordinary General Meetings (EGM’s) outside the AGM. Procedures for EGM’s will be the same as for the AGM.
The club simply could not exist without it’s band of willing volunteers who give up their free time to ensure every facet of the clubs needs are carried out!