THE CLUB RACE SERIES
Each year Stafford Triathlon Club set out a selection of races that form the club’s race series which give a focal point for members and create a great atmosphere on race day!
To qualify for the series you must take part in at least three of the races. If you take part in more races only your best three scores count. The club endeavour to create a series to suit all levels, distances etc, which is no easy task, but hope that as many members as possible are catered for. If you do intend to take part you are encouraged to enter these events as soon as possible. Many of these races fill up surprisingly quickly!
Scores will be calculated throughout the series and presentations will be made the successful triathletes at the end of the season – Good Luck!
2017 – Club Race Series:
1. 26th March 2017 – East Leake Sprint Triathlon (Pool swim): More Info
2. 30th April 2017 – BRAT Sprint Triathlon (Pool swim): More Info
3. 21st May 2017 – Southport Standard Triathlon (open water): More Info
- This is a GB Age Group Team Qualifier for the ITU Standard Distance Triathlon World Championships
4. 21st May 2017 – OUTLAW Half (Middle distance) (Open water swim): More Info
5. June 18th 2017 – IRONMAN Staffs 70.3 (Middle) (Open water swim): More Info
6. 24/25th June 2017 – Cholmondeley Castle All distances (Open water swim):More Info
There are also a Child/Youth events on the same weekend offering a chance for all of our club members to find an event to suit them.
- Junior (13-15 yrs) – 300m/8km/4km 15:00hrs
- Children (11-12 yrs) – 200m/4km/2km 15.15hrs
- Children (8-10 yrs) – 100m/4km/1.3km15:30hrs
7. 18th July 2017 – Bosworth Water All distances (Open water swim): More Info
Please note there is also a children’s/youth open water aquathlon held over the same weekend – the swim takes place around buoys in the lake followed by a run in full sight of the lakeside.
8. 6th August 2017 – BRAT Sprint and Standard Triathlons (Open water swim): More Info
9. 3rd September 2017 – Shrewsbury Sprint Triathlon (Open water – river swim): More Info
10. 10th September 2017 (TBC) – Derby Sprint Triathlon (Pool swim): More Info